Brewer & Vintner Entry Form
Requirements for Entry
New Rule Changes for 2019:
Beer & Cider: A minimum of twelve 12-ounce bottles or the equivalent.
Wine & Mead: A minimum of 3 bottles of wine (standard 750 mL) or the equivalent.
If you are a past participant, keep in mind the amounts you have served in past competitions. For new participants, we expect to have 200 or more persons attending the event, and we strongly you to bring enough of each entry to serve such a crowd.
- All persons who submit entries for the competition are expected to serve their own beer, wine, cider, and mead throughout the entire competition, from 5 p.m. to 9 p.m., and are allowed to bring one guest to help serve. Participants must be ready for judging to begin by 4:00 p.m. and then entrants will have the opportunity to taste test their competition after they’ve been judged.
- All beer, wine, cider, and mead entered will be considered for the People's Choice competition as well as the Professional Judging Competition. If a brewer or vintner submits one or two different types of beer, wine, cider, or mead then the entry fee is $25, payable to Big Brothers Big Sisters of Elkhart County (BBBSEC). For three or more entries, the fee will be waived.
- Participants are encouraged to submit as many entries as they like. Winners will be announced at the end of the event.
- Participants will receive feedback from judges. Copies of the scoring sheets will be hand-delivered or emailed to the email address on the entry form.
- There will be a VIP hour between 5:00-6:00 p.m. to be included with hors d’ oeuvres before General Admission from 6:00-9:00pm. Brewers and vintners are encouraged to bring reserve styles for those with VIP tickets. If you bring a reserve style below the minimum amounts, it is not eligible for People's Choice or Judging Competition. However, keep in mind that many VIP’s will provide you with instant feedback during the event. Sharing something special you made with the community is in the spirit of what the event is all about and a great way to get instant feedback.
- In order to participate, all information in this registration packet must be filled out, signed & returned to Big Brothers Big Sisters of Elkhart County no later than May 24, 2019.
Short and Sweet Headlines are Best!
- A 6 foot table & table cloth will be provided for all participants as well as a box to collect people’s choice tickets.
- Tables must be ready for the event by 3:45pm on the day of the event. You may begin setting up for the event as early as 1pm the day of the event.
- There will be an award for best table decoration (the “Stella Marie”) that will be judged by BBBSEC board. Participants are responsible for their own table decorations as well as ice, coolers, or any other items you may need for your table & for tasting. Electricity is not available. *Note: there will be food on-site for purchase, but if there is a particular food that would best suit your beverages that you want on your table, then by all means please bring it.
- There are no refunds on entry fees (if applicable).
- Tables will be assigned, if you have any special needs or requests please note it on your entry form and we will do our best to accommodate your requests on a first come first serve basis.
If you have any questions please contact: